Were looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team to help build a culture of data-driven decision-making across the company.
Youll partner with Snyks Engineering, CIS, and Product teams and analysts to generate business insights and inform good, efficient decision-making through data.
You know how to make sure data is accurate, well-organized, and accessible. Youll use that knowledge to collaborate with internal stakeholders to shape the tools and infrastructure we use to support the data needs of our business.
Youll spend your time:
- align architecture to business requirements specifically for our product led growth efforts
- working closely with product and BI analysts and develop sophisticated analytics via machine learning and statistical methods
- prepare and maintain data sources for predictive analytics
- partnering with the Director of Data Architecture and CIS teams
- identifying ways to improve data quality and availability to analytic teams
- evangelizing data use across the company
You should apply if you:
- care deeply about helping others make data-driven decisions
- have strong SQL skills, experience in querying large, complex data sets
- have experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- are familiar with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- have excellent knowledge of Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Looker (or similar BI tools)
- are a strong communicator; specifically, convey data infrastructure, data models, and data engineering solutions with both business and technical teams
- are comfortable working in a globally distributed team across several time zones
Wed especially love to hear from you if have:
- 3-5 years in data engineering or similar roles
- experience providing technical leadership for best practices on data engineering
- experience working in a startup environment
- SaaS experience
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyks mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyks unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! Snyk reaches more than 2.2 million developers across the globe, positioned within organizations such as Salesforce, Google, and JP Morgan. Our most recent March 2021 Series E funding round valued us at over $4.6 Billion.
We believe open-source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure.