We are looking for a development manager to head our Data Engineering team. As we expand our platform to include more data-inspired and ML offerings, our data storage and access requirements are growing rapidly. The Data Engineering team is responsible for designing and building the components of this system and ensuring their integrity and performance.
Our team impacts the entire OrderGroove platform which powers the retail experience of some of the world's largest brands. On this platform the data teams are creating the foundational infrastructure for a new collection of data and AI-run products to enable frictionless commerce. If youre interested in a crucial role in managing and building scalable infrastructure for highly visible products, then this role might be for you.
What you will do:
- This is a hands-on role that will also include managing a small team of data engineers
- You will work closely with the data science team and collaborate daily with your product counterpart
- Design and build data platform components to backstop new products which include microservices, REST APIs and offline workflows at scale
- Evaluate and test the tradeoffs between competing technologies and architectures
Who you are:
- You have +3 years of experience working as a data engineer and +1 years as a manager
- You have managed agile/scrum team(s) before of different skill levels and know when to be a motivator, coach, or a player
- You have +2 years of experience with Python
- You have built/administered distributed systems at scale
- You understand at least one Python-based web framework (Django, Flask etc)
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Spark are preferred but not a must
Were a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square foot private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the OrderGroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.