At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Data Analytics and Engineering (DAE) organization of Liberty Mutual Global Retail Marketing is expanding its data modeling team. DAE Data Modelers design transactional and analytical databases that translate complex business data into usable computer systems. Data Modelers work with data architects to design databases and data structures that meet organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Their models are designed to improve efficiency and business value and may focus on issues such as reducing data redundancy, improving data quality or improving data movement across systems.
An ideal DAE Data Modeler is an analytical and creative thinker who is not intimidated by roadblocks and challenges. They understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions. Data Modelers perform well under pressure, possessing great focus while completing projects efficiently. They should be able to work well as part of a team, but also carry responsibility for their own work. Data Modelers also need to be able to work on multiple projects at a time, with the ability to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies. Below are the skills and abilities that Data Analytics and Engineering will look for in a Data Modeler.
What you will do:
- Work with the Data Office, Data Architects, DAE and Application Development teams to translate business needs into practical data models
- Create and Maintain Conceptual Data Models for multiple domains within our Canonical Model
- Create and Maintain Logical and Physical Data Models using Data Vault 2.0 for our datalake and data warehouse aligned to the canonical model
- Support development teams with application table creation and mentoring
- Participate in Data Governance procedures and policy management
- Contribute policies and guidelines for the governance of Data Management standards and best practices
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years experience with Erwin modeling tool
- Prior experience modeling using Data Vault 2.0
- Previous experience supporting the modeling of an enterprise canonical model
- 2+ years experience with Snowflake
- 3+ years experience with cloud-based Data Warehouse and Data Lake environments
- Previous experience translating Conceptual Canonical model into Logical and Physical Data Vault models
- 5+ years experience with SQL
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively on large scale data projects
Experience in these areas is a Plus:
- Has worked with industry standard ACORD model
- Experience in insurance industry
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Snaplogic
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, MicroStrategy)
- Exposure with messaging solution like Kafka and MQ
- Experience in Enterprise reference and master data management strategies