The global Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey.
Who you are:
You will be part of an autonomous, centralized, highly technical Data Engineering team collaborating with analysts, data scientists, engineers and executive stakeholders in building a single source of truth. You will help set the direction for how we migrate our existing SQL environment to using Snowflake in order to build the next generation data platform here at EF.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer, you will use your extensive data modeling expertise and mastery of SQL to leverage our modern data platform and transformation technologies.
You are an expert in data modeling, who is comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies, complexity, and size. You have a passion for data governance and the ownership for new and existing data models.
We ask that you have:
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience with data modeling and data analytics
- Extensive expertise with Microsoft SQL Server (2016+) and Transact-SQL
- Exposure to dbt (data build tool)
- Advanced SQL expertise with multi-stage transformations and usage of more sophisticated transformation tools and methods, such as windowing functions and temp tables in Transact-SQL
- Experience implementing business logic into models that successfully drive business value
- Experience building database objects and data transformations using a git-based workflow
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate business concepts to partner analysts and teams
- Applied experience with relational modeling, star schemas, Kimball Data Warehousing and exposure to Data Vault
- A drive to learn the intricacies of the business, with a versatile and dynamic understanding of businesses youve worked with in the past
Other useful skills include:
- Exposure to Snowflake
- Experience defining and implementing a global data catalog for end user reference
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- A working knowledge of modeling with Analysis Services, both on-prem and Azure
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.