At Wayfair, data drives all of our business decisions. The Data Science Marketing team develops machine learning models and reinforcement learning systems to power algorithmic decision-making across paid and owned media and marketing channels, including Paid Search, Display & Social Ads, Direct Mail, Email Marketing, and Push Notifications, etc. These channels drive millions of site visits and billions of dollars of revenue to our business.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join the Paid Search Data Science team. In this role, you will use your software engineering skills to help build scalable machine learning models that drive value across paid search bidding, creative optimization, and customer segmentation. As a senior engineer, you will work closely with our data scientists, as well as members of our internal marketing and engineering teams, to apply data science and machine learning skills to solve one of our most impactful and intellectually challenging data science problems at Wayfair.
What You'll Do:
- Manage our infrastructure: Work with Marketing Technology, ML Platforms, & engineering to design, build, maintain and optimize our data management and machine learning architecture.
- Build our feature engineering pipeline: Work with machine learning scientists to build data processing pipelines supporting data analysis and machine learning tasks, and automate feature engineering pipelines in production.
- Handle ML integration: Develop software to deliver and integrate machine learning product capabilities into our platform.
- Get our models into production: Work with data scientists, Marketing Technology, and ML Platforms to deploy machine learning models in production.
- Maintain a high-quality product: Develop processes and frameworks to ensure data and model quality. Perform code reviews and testing to ensure software quality is high and requirements are met.
- Develop reusable building blocks for quantitative models, leveraging high parallel, distributed machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques (e.g. 'Feature Engineering' , Model Training DAG, Model Scoring DAG, Hyperparameter Optimizer DAG, 'Monitoring Model Performance DAG', etc).
- Leverage our work in order to increase adoption across our business partners, to drive real business value.
- Build and maintain strong partnership with business and engineering teams.
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of software engineering field experience or in a quantitative field w/ material exposure to coding
- Experience developing data science / machine learning-driven products
- Interest in and have done work in statistical modeling and machine learning
- A good understanding of data warehousing, data modeling and data architecting
- The knowledge to work with machine learning scientists and facilitate translation of proof-of-concept models into production-strength systems
- Strong understanding in model inferencing lifecycle, monitoring, feedback loop and data capture in real time at scale
- Ability to ramp up quickly on our tech stack which includes GCP, Kubernetes, Airflow, Kafka, Pandas, Scikit Learn, Pytorch, Python, and Java.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.