Who We Are:
Wayfairs Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business, enhance customer experience, and improve customer loyalty. The Data Science Catalog team at Wayfair develops machine learning models to: (1) improve customer experience by accurately tagging products using multimodal data sources (image, text, categorical, numeric, etc.), (2) drive catalog and pricing strategy by powering comparisons between large numbers of products, and (3) solve the product cold-start problem to enable customers to find the best new products.
We partner closely with our Merchandising, Engineering, and other Data Science teams in order to build scalable algorithmic systems responsible for predictive modeling that drives business strategy for various merchandising and supplier side teams.
We are looking for a technical lead to join the Data Science Catalog team with an emphasis on information retrieval from imageries leveraging state-of-the art computer vision techniques. You will be working together with other data scientists, product managers, analysts, and as well as engineering teams to solve the high impact and challenging computer vision problems at Wayfair.
What Youll Do:
- Develop advanced computer vision and deep learning models to solve object detection, imagery segmentation and imagery classification.
- Architect and build a highly scalable and fully automated deep learning model training and deployment pipeline.
- Create and own a 6-18 month technical roadmap, coordinate and execute the roadmap with your immediate team.
- Work with partner engineering teams to build real-time models & services for company-wide consumption
- Uncover deep insight hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data.
What Youll Need:
- PhD (preferred) in quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, physics, neuroscience etc) and 3-4+ years of experience with a computer vision focus or Masters degree in quantitative field and 4-6+ years of experience OR Thorough command of general data science especially computer vision techniques, good understanding of parallel computing and data engineering practices.
- 3+ years of experience with Python, PySpark, SQL, deep learning platforms (i.e. tensorflow, pytorch, openCV), Google Cloud (or AWS/Azure),and (nice to have) containerization (Docker).
- A bias towards solving problems from a customer-centric lens and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives.
- A knack for finding the right degree of pragmatism and delivering solutions in an iterative manner, adding only as much complexity as needed in each step along the way.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions.
- A curious mind open to continuous learning and motivated to autonomously drive projects and thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be ambiguity.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.