Who We Are
The Paid Media DS team owns the data science modeling and strategy that optimizes targeting and bidding decisions across paid media marketing channels. Our goal is to build an industry-leading, customer-centric, data-driven, ML-powered decisioning engine (WayLift) at Wayfair to constantly optimize the high-volume, fast-changing marketing decisions for Paid Media marketing. Waylift has an opportunity to unlock billions of GRS for Wayfair over the next 2-3 years, while creating an ad experience that delights our customers. The team's mission is to provide the most impactful, broadest leverage of WayLift platform across the organization, while providing support and consulting for the cases the core systems do not cover.
What Youll Do
- Own the roadmap and execution of WayLift Bidding Optimization workstream, which powers millions of dollars annual ad spend at Wayfair
- Identify new opportunities and evolve WayLift bidding optimization framework, integrating algorithmic bidding into new use cases to help Wayfair spend more efficiently in paid ads
- Build DS/ML solutions in a way that makes things easier over time. Hands on in taking given objectives to define problem statements and delivery against concrete technical and research agendas in a timely manner
- Research industry trends and best practices in algorithmic bidding and bring that in life at Wayfair
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, MarTech Eng, and ML Plats Eng to align on roadmaps and build scalable and sustainable bidding solutions
- Participate in meetings with Google, Facebook, Apple, etc., to understand ad vendors technical capabilities and limitations to make the right calls on our bidding solutions, and influence their strategic roadmaps
- Contribute to SME initiative and code review in support of spreading best practices
Who You Are
- Critical thinker with a customer-centric mindset and a desire for creative problem solving, looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- 3+ years of experience working as a professional data scientist, ML engineer, or software developer. Demonstrated success delivering DS projects with end-to-end ownership.
- Experience working with business partners; Excellent written and verbal communication
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, e.g. Python, R, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience building scalable data processing pipelines with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, SQL, Spark, etc.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.