Quil, a digital health company, helps people organize and navigate their health in partnership with their healthcare providers, health plans and family. Providing continuous guidance and up-to-date information from trusted sources, Quil answers the question “What Happens Next?” in their health journeys. Combining the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach, Quil helps individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape.
Quil is a high-energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Their vision is to build the solution that helps patients and their caregivers make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Quil is a joint venture of Independence Health Group and Comcast.
Quil is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and provide insight driven solutions to help us deliver value to our clients, health systems, payors and employers and their patients, members and employees. Deriving insights from data plays a crucial role in creating the personalized and engaging experience Quil offers consumers to help them organize and navigate their health lives better
What success will look like:
You will work closely with leadership to build high quality predictive and analytical systems that are integrated with our products and help establish Quil as a leader in the activation of consumers in their health. You will play a lead role in envisioning our data science and research strategy. By applying principles of deep learning and predictive analytics and combining them with insights from psychology and behavioral science.
- Lead the data science and research strategy, based on input from leadership on company priorities
- Explore, examine, and interpret large volumes of data in various forms
- Develop, validate, and deliver algorithms, predictive models and reporting tools to understand what drives consumer adoption, engagement and impact
- Optimize consumer engagement in their health through automation of these predictive and prescriptive models at scale
- Deliver insights to Product and Engineering teams to inform product design and implementation
- Work closely with the data engineering team to ensure that all data is properly captured and stored
- Lead outcome and research studies with our clients and partners to prove impact of Quil on experience, outcomes, and costs
- Guide business analyst responsible for development of operational reports to track company performance
- Guide client reporting and dashboard development to share actionable data and insights to clients and showcase outcomes achieved
- Drive the development of proprietary Quil patient activation score (and other scores) to serve as a proxy of the value we deliver clients.
- Developing and participating in presentations and discussion with internal and external audiences on analytics results and solutions
- Scale data knowledge across organization
- An advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Sociology, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years with Machine Learning
- 5+ years healthcare industry experience in applying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics or related technical discipline
- A strong passion for and extensive experience in conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Proficiency in the development, validation, implementation, and production launch of machine-learning algorithms and models, with examples of models and algorithms that you've created that solve real-life problems.
- Experience with a data visualization tool (Looker preferred)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases, Snowflake preferred
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Hands on experience with data architecture and large-scale datasets (extraction, manipulation, preparation, cleaning, transformations, analysis, modeling and visualization).
- Psychographic segmentation – targeted communications aligned to personal traits and motivations that drive patient behavior