Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As a Data Scientist on the Veeva Data Cloud team, you will own the design of data science features that power Veevas Patient, Prescriber, and Projected Data Products.
You are excited about statistics and data science at scale on big data and taking billions of records to build algorithms in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner while being able to keep the business problems we are working to solve in mind. Youll work closely with Product Managers, Data Analysts, and Engineering teams to design and deliver features, including performance measurement, anomaly detection, and quality monitoring.
This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and help us solve some of the most challenging problems in healthcare data and analytics.
What Youll Do
- Apply statistical, machine learning, and data mining techniques to large health data sets to build new products and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with a team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Data Engineers to discover and deliver product offerings from prototype to scale, then iterate and enhance
- Explore and find meaning in high volumes of data, identify signals and patterns to identify relationships to infer the universe from imperfect data. Important skills include querying, data cleansing, experiment design, solution assessment, identifying scaling challenges.
- Rapidly build prototype product solutions, communicate findings, and iterate
- Draw from prior experience and technical expertise to identify product improvements and inform testing plans; break overall objectives down into underlying problems that can be prioritized and solved
- 3+ years of hands-on data science and statistics experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility and impact over time, including experience as the point person projects
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or another quantitative discipline
- Highly proficient in Python (packages: scikit-learn, pandas, TensorFlow, statsmodels) and SQL; experience working with AWS preferred
- Experience working with large quantities of data to develop models that work in a stable, production approach with live data
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining techniques (regression, semi-supervised learning, forecasting, decision trees, clustering, A/B testing, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering to productionalize models including scaling, monitoring, and documentation
- Comfortable (and excited!) about ambiguity and breaking goals down into tangible and actionable work plans
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across internal teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with prescription / medical claims data
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].