Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and analytical, Data Scientist in Dania Beach, FL to join our exciting and fast paced company. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about data analysis, e-commerce, and information security, this opportunity at Chewy is a great match! You will be focused on solving business problems by developing and implementing best-in-class data analysis and anomaly detection models. In this role, you will be the analytical expert for identifying and retooling suitable machine learning algorithms that can enhance the anomaly detection capabilities over streaming datasets. You will cooperate with cross-functional teams across the organization in finding insights and developing the right data solutions.
You should be effective at organizing large amounts of data from multiple data sources and build predictive machine learning models that will help in identifying security anomalies. Your expertise and insights will help us effectively utilize data assets like NetFlow to produce operational baselines and detect anomalous events in streaming datasets.
What Youll Do:
- Research, design, and implement predictive models and classifiers built from streaming datasets
- Routinely and effectively partner with information security and the data science teams to define key business questions and build the models and data sets that answer these questions
- Lead identification of trends and KPIs with the objective of improving the detection of security anomalies
What Youll Need:
- A working knowledge of core security concepts like UEBA
- Experience in Python, R, or other Data Science programming languages
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques at scale and their tuning parameters (Neural Networks, Random Forest, Bayesian Models, K-Means Clustering)
- 5 years of experience applying Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, and Data Mining
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, and unstructured databases (MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, MongoDB)
- Hands on experience with software design for scalability, reliability, and performance
- Proven track record in developing mathematical models to predict business outcomes and determine cause and effect relationships
- An M.S., P.H.D., or equivalent experience in a related discipline (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or C.S.)
- Candidate must be organized, driven, and exhibit critical thinking skills
- Candidate must have an entrepreneurial and self-starting mentality
- Position may require travel
- Working knowledge of the Numenta NuPIC Platform for Intelligent Computing
- Knowledge of / experience with multi-channel and cross-channel attribution
- Extensive CLI and UNIX experience we live in the terminal!
- Knowledge of VM test environments and/or cloud-based compute environments
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com