The Finance Engineering teams are building a re-imagined enterprise-scale platform that will be key for the continued growth of Wayfairs multi-billion dollar business. Our platforms support the Wayfair B2C/B2B website, our global logistics and warehouse network, and a multitude of new and exciting streams of revenue. Wayfairs business lines generate a phenomenal amount of financial transactions and data points from our vast customer base. Every transaction and every dollar must pass through our teams platform to be validated, analyzed, and reported. Our goal is to provide our external customers and internal team members with the best, and fastest, financial services possible through 1) visibility into accurate financial information; 2) standardization of financial processes throughout Wayfair; 3) technological process improvements; and 4) holistic decision making, grounded in mutually beneficial revenue-generating and cost-saving opportunities. Our platform, including the creation of a holistic financial data warehouse, is a key piece in the continued growth of Wayfair by ensuring new business lines can seamlessly generate and collect revenue with no additional onboarding or engineering cost to support those streams and near real-time access to core metrics and data points.
What Youll Do
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, data access, and best practices within the Finance Engineering and Analytics organizations
- Work with a variety of technologies including GCP (Bigquery, GCS, Cloud Composer), Looker, Python, AtScale, Kafka
- Partner with fellow engineering leaders and stakeholders to identify the right technical solution to address their highest value business data needs
- Ensure the technical accuracy and optimization of the underlying data that power analytical solutions
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the financial reporting framework through training, mentorship, and process innovation
- Establish, monitor, and set goals for KPIs regarding data and tool performance and availability
- Empower analytics team members to improve speed-to-market by promoting best practices for rapid prototype development
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting or data integration systems to align business goals
- Advanced SQL and GBQ experience, including scheduled ETL transformations and experience with at least one enterprise reporting platform such as Tableau, Looker, AtScale, SSAS, SSRS, Microstrategy, Cognos, etc.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role
- Experience with schemaless, non-relational datastores and / or MPP databases of 100 TBs or larger strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.