The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are currently looking for a hands-on software engineer to join our Database Server product development team who consists of contributors to the Postgres Community as well as developers of our flagship product EDB Postgres Advanced Server. Postgres has won DB-Engines database of the year 3 out of the past four years and according to stack overflow is the relational database that is most loved by developers for the past four years. This team has been a big part of that and going forward you will participate in the future growth and success of Postgres.
Joining as a member of the team, you will be leading the design and implementation of a new CI / CD pipeline. This role will start out as an individual contributor but is expected to grow to a team leadership role.
- Design, implement, and maintain automations, infrastructure, and CI/CD systems
- Design, code, test, and document new automation capabilities
- Improving the performance and usability of existing automated systems.
- Provide feedback on how to develop additional automated tests
- Experience with GitHub Actions or similar CI/CD technologies to produce products.
- Experience with system administration and shell scripting
- Experience with IT automation and configurations systems (like Ansible)
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and open-source CI/CD systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed international team
- 5-7+ years of experience working as a hands-on software engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills, at times this may be under pressure when in production
- Calm and methodical approach with good communication skills
- Understanding of databases and knowledge of SQL
- Understands and willing to follow whole modern software development life cycle processes
- Experience with databases
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Experience with Observability Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Unix systems and networking technologies
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Experience working within a you build it, you own it culture
- Experience with the major Cloud Providers; AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with test driven development
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.