The Motion Planning Research team is specialized in fusion of Machine Learning and Classical Methods, researches new deep learning approaches, builds deep neural networks, algorithms, and software to impact across navigation, behavior, route planning, as well as trajectory optimization, numerical optimization, and model predictive control. The team creates proof of concepts and once an idea is effective, works to put then into production.
Motional's Machine Learning team has produced ground breaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuPlan (https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810), nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 312 Arizona Avenue. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to cutting edge motion planning system and deep learning system
- Create python-based automated pipeline to train, evaluate and deploy machine learning models to the vehicle
- Develop large scale training pipeline for machine learning models
- Contribute to automatic data mining to find interesting and impactful data
- Research metrics and model introspection
- Train and evaluate models in distributed fashion
- Deploy models on vehicle and evaluate their performance with metrics
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Python and Python bindings development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Leadership and mentoring experience
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.