Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for multiple DevOps Engineers to build a robust, scalable, and operational infrastructure that will enable Veeva to quickly and efficiently scale to meet the needs of our multi-billion dollar customer base. Your focus will be ensuring Veevas products are delivered to our customers quickly and with the best quality possible. If you are a self-starter that thrives on working with new technologies to drive innovation, you should join our team.
What You'll Do
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment that leverage AWS services
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using technologies, such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any system being supported by the DevOps team
- 1+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing deployments in AWS cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in an AWS environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Codefresh)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform and/or Kubernetes at scale
- Strong scripting knowledge
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor the health and performance of infrastructure and applications
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.