The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly evolving division within Wayfair which is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation daily for Wayfair. Our teams ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We are looking for a Senior Leader to achieve our goals of producing beautiful and impactful imagery and experiences at scale.
The Director of 3D Viz will lead a team of ~100 artists and must have experience managing a large, fast-paced, production oriented, technical 3D team. We are looking for someone who is adept at managing creatives careers and aspirations. The Director of 3D Viz will also consult and advise on technical road maps and proprietary tool build-outs designed to optimize 3D workflow systems and automated processes, as well as drive both quality and scale. Qualified candidates will be skilled at both change management and inspiring creatives to innovate and execute. We are looking for a proven leader who will continually shape and develop the teams skill sets based on business goals and manage the group to rely more heavily on automation and process optimizations, which increase both quality and output. This includes oversight of multiple stages of 3D asset creation and driving quality and output, which enable the creation of photo real assets at increasingly lower costs for multiple cross-functional applications and stakeholders. The work will require headcount planning, goal adaptations, and performance and change management in a fast-paced environment.
This leaders effectiveness will be critical to the teams ability to scale and evolve with business needs. Successful applicants will be highly driven, comfortable with constant change, and able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
In this role you will:
- Make Wayfairs 3D Viz department an industry renowned, world class studio
- Create and execute against department roadmap, driving strategy and evolving the business needs for the 3D team
- Generates buy-in from executive cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead, calibrate, and develop 3D artists of multiple tenures and skills sets, who are responsible for a variety of technical outputs
- Pressure test, vet, and approve technology roadmaps, software, pipeline processes, and tools in order to meet evolving business goals
- Direct 3D art team output, including the development of systems and best practices for new asset creation and technical capabilities
- Be accountable for output against spend and constantly work to improve cost, turn around time and quality metrics and our working environment
- Work across the company to identify and secure necessary resources to meet aggressive goals
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to ensure quality standards are consistently met on time, on budget and that we are always striving to improve the photo realism and cost metrics of our outputs
- Work with business stakeholders to set, prioritize, manage, and exceed expectations
- Sponsor and develop next generation technologies; including, but not limited to real time and motion
- 10+ years managing large groups of technical 3D artists; including driving strategy and headcount planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including excellent presentations skills and the ability to readily communicate complex technical issues/concepts to non-technical peers and executives
- Able to mentor teams work; including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization and translate and advocate for technical needs onto other teams roadmaps and priority lists.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Keen eye for talent, able to mentor and develop strong technical artists and creatives
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray is ideal, but it's not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.