PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
The biomedical data science (BDS) team is focused on solving problems at the interface of biomedicine, statistics, and machine learning. The BDS team is composed of a diverse set of scientists with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, who are passionate about solving translational problems and driving PathAIs mission of realizing precision medicine with digital pathology. Biomedical data science is central to this effort contributing to efforts ranging from the development of novel machine learning methods to experimental design for model validation. We are looking for a Director of Data Science to lead these efforts at PathAI.
What youll do:
- Facilitate the development of bio-statistical analysis plans in a team setting with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Build and grow the BDS team through hiring, management, and mentorship. .
- Operate cross-functionally to enable PathAI to integrate large-scale datasets and generate translational insights.
- Develop computational methods and build tools to enable data-driven patient stratification and inform the development of clinical decision support products
- Envision and create scalable computational solutions and processes to further our clinical data analysis. Develop materials with members of the team to present at academic conferences, publish in journals, and develop new business opportunities.
What youll need:
- Ph.D. in computational biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, cancer biology, immunology, genetics, or similar with 5+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated history of leadership in managing high impact data science and engineering projects and teams either in business or in academia.
- Demonstrated ability of scoping, leading, prioritizing, and contributing to multi-disciplinary team projects.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as R AND Python for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Mastery in integrating and analyzing diverse high-dimensional data sets relevant to oncology, immunology, and other areas of clinical relevance.
- Capability to conduct systematic analyses to evaluate multiple hypotheses and prioritize clinically-relevant questions.
- Scientific curiosity with an ability to identify questions that computational approaches can address, and the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively.
- Background in clinical data/oncology/immuno-oncology and/or experience working with clinical trial data is a plus.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.