Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Position Overview OR Team Overview
As the Director, Business Systems you are a hands-on leader who will serve as the owner of the Salesforce technical architecture team responsible for development for a world class Salesforce platform and related systems . You will play a key role in bringing innovative and effective solutions to derive value from our systems and tools.
- Responsible for vision and roadmap for SFDC and related business systems /applications
- Build the future digital automation roadmap to have an ongoing, significant impact towards meeting strategic business goals
- Use project management experience to develop accurate work estimates, project budgets and timelines.
- Deploy a multi-disciplinary approach to solving business challenges and unlocking new streams of business value through digital automation projects
- Lead full project lifecycle from intake through deployment, as well as communication, change management and team mobilization/ onboarding
- Establish, track and report on project/program value drivers and financial impact
- Proactively evaluate new SFDC technologies/add-ons and develop plans for their implementation
- Present ideas and forward-looking plans to cross-functional senior leaders on regular basis
- Design and manage implementation of integration of SFDC with other business systems and applications used in the company
- Propose improvements as required, including quality plans, issues and action logs, risk management plans and change control plans.
- Ensure business and assignment risks are identified, monitored and managed to achieve minimal disruption to the project delivery and success.
- 7+ years, experience in managing CRM systems and technical teams
- 5+ years successful experience with Salesforce.com implementation projects
- Strong fundamental SFDC architecture skills and experience
- Demonstrated project discipline and experience. Must be organized, focused, and driven toward established deliverable dates. Must be able to design solutions and form/drive related plans.
- Good knowledge of SOQL and APEX
- Strong interpersonal skills to build constructive relationships with other managers, and effectively manage disagreements
- Force.com Certification is a plus.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston with offices in New York, London, Guadalajara, Funchal, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Mumbai and Chennai. This position is being offered as a fully remote role and, while you wont get to experience the in-office culture, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.