Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The Director - Clinical Strategy role requires a deep understanding of the global life sciences clinical operations and/or data management space and the associated applications used in the conduct of clinical trials including eTMF, Study Startup, CTMS, EDC, etc.
This role will be responsible for growing Veevas R&D market share directly via the small-and-medium-sized biotech and pharma channel (SMB market) and also by leveraging sponsor relationships.
In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to work with a team of Life Sciences industry and technology A-players, who, together, are bringing the next generation of clinical development and R&D applications to the life sciences industry.
What You'll Do
- Provide guidance to sales teams in driving new opportunities in the SMB market
- Support sales opportunities by conducting customer need identification and education sessions
- Consult with SMB customers on how to leverage Vault to transform business operations
- Leverage industry expertise to guide clients in their ongoing use of Veeva clinical applications to drive customer success
- Develop strategy and messaging for customer adoption of new features and functionality of existing customer base
- Provide business and capability guidance to the product team in support of new or enhanced functionality for our Clinical applications
- Gather product and services feedback and input from customers so that Veeva can continue to iterate and improve
- Present at industry/corporate conferences, facilitate webinars, and author articles and thought leadership content
- Other special projects as assigned
- 10+ years of experience working within or for the clinical area (clinical operations or data management) of life sciences (at a CRO, Sponsor, consulting firm, or eClinical vendor)
- Understanding of global drug development, clinical trial process, ICH/GCP guidelines
- Ability to hold meaningful conversations with heads of clinical operations and/or data management and IT regarding the eClinical applications and their use within clinical trial execution
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and presentations
Nice to Have
- 2+ years experience working for an eClinical software company and/or consulting firm
- Proven track record of thought leadership through industry presentations, publications, or other mechanisms
- Experience selling software and/or services to life sciences organizations
- Understanding of the SMB market and dynamics
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.