Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience! Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Director of Commercial Learning and Development will lead training, enablement and competency development programs for the commercial organization. You will help develop a vision and strategy that is focused on planning and execution of high-impact training programs including on-boarding & on-going enablement for tenured reps, mastery of industry information and in-depth absorption of product knowledge.
This very pivotal role will help define, implement and enforce key commercial processes. You will create and house key content that can be leveraged by the commercial teams. You will also generate and lead training programs that can be used for both new and existing team members.
A successful Director will work hand in hand with commercial leaders to fully document and capture the complete ins and outs of the Cedars sales and client growth motions. They will then re-package this information in a consumable manner for training purposes. Things include but are not limited to:
- Account Prospecting
- Discovery Calls, Demo Calls & Other Pitch Presentations
- Use Cases & Persona Based Messaging
- Industry Knowledge
- Product Positioning
The Director of Commercial L&D will not only spearhead the training, but will actively identify skill and knowledge gaps that exist and come up with strategies to fill those gaps. They will also work to implement the training and consistently roll out tools to help make sure our team is always armed.
- Partner closely with key departments (Marketing, Product, Finance, Legal, Channel, etc) to develop and deliver enablement assets and tools
- Measure the success and efficiency of training programs using data and metrics
- Define enablement programs and initiatives accordingly including well-structured execution plans
- Define roadmaps and recommendations for learning in order to provide clear mentorship on learning and development
- Provide thought leadership and innovation in enablement and training and help establish a continuous learning culture
- Align with business and operations partners across all levels of the hierarchy and gain executive endorsement and commitment for defined initiatives
- Provide guidance to the business and senior management about enablement and learning aligned with business priorities
- Proactively find opportunities to accelerate cross-team talent sharing, management and employee development
Skills & Experience:
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process, methodology, and sales playbook initiatives
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs
- Experience with CRM (such as Salesforce.com) and sales enablement platforms
- Ability to create and track metrics which demonstrate constant increases in sales productivity
- Understanding/experience in product development and/or services
- Outstanding writing skills, and able to adopt the company's brand "voice" in all developed content
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent people and management skills to build relationships with staff, colleagues, clients, cross-functional teams and third parties a team player!
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research and organizing these insights into content and enablement tools that can be utilized across channels
- High level of proficiency in synthesizing analysis and effectively distributing knowledge in verbal and written communication
- Proven success building effective enablement content, dashboards and systems
- Experience setting direction based on limited guidance or through self-identified business needs
- An understanding of broader businesses processes that impact and are impacted by the sales team through championing metrics and analytics
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Openness across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.