Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The Director, Commercial Strategy, requires a deep understanding of and experience with U.S. pharmaceutical commercial and medical processes and technologies. You will be a member of a market-leading business unit at Veeva and will be responsible for the market strategy for a product(s) in the Veeva CRM Suite market including defining and shaping the market and understanding market unmet needs. You will work closely with our customers, Product Management, Technical Services, and Business Consulting, teams to ensure the successful adoption and continual innovation of our offerings.
You will drive market strategy identifying key deals and identifying projects that drive product roadmaps as well as methodologies for implementation and support. Working with Sales leaders and Sales Engineering, to develop a sustainable pipeline of opportunities. You will develop relationships with our customers, identifying advocates and determining how to develop their stories into referenceable examples.
You will maintain a public presence for the business area at industry events and conferences (where appropriate), ensure the continued growth of our market share, and work with the global marketing team to prepare marketing collateral and externally facing messaging.
What You'll Do
- Define the U.S. go-to-market strategy for a product area within the CRM Suite and oversee its execution
- Advise our Product Management team on market dynamics and evolving customer needs
- Cultivate customer advocates for our offerings, sustaining our customer reference model
- Identify early adopter customers (where appropriate), ensuring their success
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing messaging and the success of our sales organization as it scales
- Provide thought leadership to the market, speaking at conferences and authoring thought leadership articles
- 10+ years of experience in professional services/consulting with a focus in Commercial Excellence or Commercial Operations
- Deep understanding and experience in the U.S. healthcare environment
- Strong track record translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and internal events in the future
- Based on the East Coast of the US (Philadelphia, New Jersey, NYC, or Boston)
Nice to Have
- Global and above-market healthcare environment understanding and experience
- Strong network across the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industry, particularly in Brand/Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Medical Affairs
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
Base pay: $150,000 - $250,000
The salary range listed represents the potential base salary range for this position. The actual salary will vary for each candidate based on experience, market, and expected contributions.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.