Cedar is the first complete payment solution in healthcare, uniquely bringing together payers and providers to deliver a transformative consumer experience and eliminate administrative waste. Our technology reimagines patient billing and engagement, enabling providers and payers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The director of commercial strategy will be responsible for scaling and realizing revenue for Cedars core product by (1) understanding and delivering on the needs of new market segments and existing customers and (2) working cross-functionally and in close partnership with the product lead to build the machine that can deliver the above. If you are successful, Cedar will improve the financial experience for half of the US population, customers will adopt our product to achieve their goals, and Cedars revenue will continue to grow in leaps and bounds. This is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the scaling phase of a company.
- Understand customer and consumer areas for growth across market segments and articulate how Cedars product can tackle their pain points
- Work closely with product to identify features for a differentiated offering that solves the needs of new provider and patient segments
- Establish the processes for capturing feedback and scaling commercialization of CedarPay with product, marketing, commercial, and implementations. This includes but is not limited to positioning, messaging, materials, and playbooks
- Identify the key levers for growth and guide teams across the company in contributing to growth
- Independently execute projects with mentorship from VP, Commercial Strategy
- Contribute to a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, applying a growth mindset, and rejecting mediocrity
Required skills and experience
- Entrepreneurial experience, not limited to startups, but more broadly owning the development, launch, and scaling of a new initiative with constrained resources
- Proven track record to address sophisticated, undefined problems by working cross-functionally
- Operates well in ambiguity, and does not require heavy direction to optimally achieve their day to day goals
- Healthcare intuition is important but healthcare experience is not required
- Willing to learn and get into the details with Product or Engineering
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation) to influence internal stakeholders and external customers at multiple levels of enterprise organizations
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Client facing sales or business development experience
- Relevant enterprise software or healthcare experience
- Experience with analytical tools. Finance or consulting background a plus
- Revenue Cycle Management experience
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- Work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup with low-ego and encouraging people
- Ownership over your success and the ability to impact the growth of our company,
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Work remotely or at one of our offices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.