Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
As the Director of Community & Advocacy at Brightcove, you will be in charge of establishing the foundation for our Brightcove Community and Advocacy Programs . We are looking for a candidate who can come with best practices and strategic decision making skills to set the groundwork of our Community and grow it to become a best-in-class customer hub. This individual will be heavily involved in software selection and implementation while also building a framework for the day to day operations that will enable the community to flourish. This person will also be helping to define, grow, and support the execution of impactful customer advocacy programs.
This position will begin as an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Customer Experience but quickly grow the team by adding a Community Manager and Program Manager. They will collaborate across Brightcove teams to drive knowledge and consensus for our programs while working with software vendors to implement our software solutions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define, implement, and execute the Brightcove Community
- Oversee the creation and execution of Advocacy programs such as Executive Sponsor, Reference and Referrals Programs, Loyalty Programs, etc.
- Outline and implement operational excellence in Community and Programs oversight.
- Measure the impact and engagement that convey ROI of community and advocacy initiatives.
- Maintain, track, and execute on key performance indicators, community engagement events, and action plans that may arise.
- Serve as the departmental lead in all miscellaneous and special projects that arise through the organizations community development efforts.
- Define strategy for community point system and other programs to increase community adoption.
- Groom customer champions for elevation to moderator status.
- Alongside a Community Manager, answer customer questions directly and also strategically leverage Brightcove teammates to engage in discussions as appropriate.
- Partner cross-functionally inside of Brightcove to recruit content contributors and other community interactions of value.
- Identify trends for common customer challenges and actively find ways to address them.
- Become a critical and reliable source of customer and product-related insights and informed opinions for our organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Brightcove platform and applications plus the industry, culture, and issues facing members of the community.
- Act as voice of the community by evangelizing and promoting engagement of customers and employees in product-related discussion.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in creating and managing customer communities
- Demonstrated success and ability to organize, execute, and program manage against tight deadlines
- Experience in the gamification of customer communities to effectively incentivize advocates
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven ability to manage multiple customer threads simultaneously while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting customer engagement data to influence stakeholder decision making
- Ability to visualize the big picture while being able to zoom in with detailed analysis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with executives, management, and team members
- Familiarity with the landscape of software/video companies, preferred
- Experience with Influitive, SFDC Community or other community software required
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!