Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform uses data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're seeking a Director of Initiatives to lead our Initiatives Pillar of Engineering. The Initiatives Pillar can be thought of as a startup within a startup. Cedar crafts new initiative teams when we have meaningful business goals that span across our existing products or code base, and require the focus of a dedicated team to get to market quickly.
These teams have the potential to radically change the patient financial experience. These teams will build prototypes, deploy them to our clients, and iterate quickly to prove value. Were seeking someone who is passionate about innovation in healthcare, has solid technical skills, and is comfortable working with ambiguity and frequent change in product scope. Youll be working closely with our Co-founder, Product and Design leads, and exceptionally talented engineers and engineering managers.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly
- Manage multiple teams of high-performing engineers and support them in the delivery process of Cedars products
- Manage, mentor and train individual teams engineering managers and senior engineers
- Collaborate with leadership team to set and execute high-level engineering strategies
- Support engineering recruiting efforts by partnering with Cedars People Team and company leadership
- Continue to build and maintain the strong lines of communication between Engineering and Product teams
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to build and lead multiple engineering teams; has a track record of success working with Product and Leadership teams to push development forward
- Excellent people manager able to mentor and grow senior engineers and engineering managers
- 10+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles
- Experience scaling engineering teams and infrastructure at a fast-growing startup is a big plus
- Ability to set a high bar for engineering efforts across teams and disallow mediocrity in development efforts.
- Experience fostering an environment of innovation and promoting engineering best practices across teams
- Ability to review code to determine quality and areas for improvement
- Ability to code on prototypes when incubating a new initiative
- Ability to engage on architectural discussions and determine tradeoffs and drive discussion towards decisions
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for this role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.