The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Sec Reporting & Technical accounting will be responsible to prepare all external reporting financials and technical accounting matters. This person is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who manages complex technical accounting issues and determines conclusions in a timely fashion. This candidate has strong time management skills and has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The candidate is a team player, always willing to roll up their sleeves and provide assistance to the finance team.
- Prepare and review SEC financial filings including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable.
- Review monthly financial statements including consolidated balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting policies and ensure that key processes are performed as prescribed.
- Assist with enhancement of internal controls and SOX requirements for new accounting and reporting requirements when applicable
- Research new technical accounting standards, including writing position papers that support internal and external users.
- Work with accounting teams to implement those new accounting standards
- Interface with other groups on complex technical accounting matters involved in developing the companys position on complex and judgmental accounting topics
- Support special projects that may require dedicated resources to perform research and analysis, training, and mentoring others
- Provide ad-hoc research, reporting and analysis
- 10 to 12 years of related work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience preparing key SEC filings, including, but not limited to, forms 10-K, 10-Q, MD&A, footnote disclosures, etc.
- Big 4 or National firm public accounting experience
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules and regulations
- Proficiently access and manipulate data for creating financial analyses and other formal presentations
- Proven ability of writing technical accounting memos to diverse audiences.
- Proven experience managing projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience with Workivia, a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, a plus
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request