Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The Global Sales Development Program Director is responsible for both generating sales opportunities and for developing the next generation of Veeva Account Executives. You will recruit a team of recent graduates to be Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), train them to identify and develop sales opportunities, and prepare them for roles in our Field Sales organization within 2-3 years. This is a unique program and a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Veevas Sales organization and a generation of emerging Sales talent.
The right candidate is someone that has advanced rapidly through SDR and AE roles, can connect easily with and mentor rising talent, and that is an excellent communicator.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement an effective strategy for the Sales Development Program (SDP)
- Recruit and effectively onboard the first class of SDP. Sustain and grow the program over time
- Implement effective training, development, and mentoring opportunities to accelerate the growth of SDP members and graduate them from the program within 2-3 years
- Increase the flow of opportunities to Field Sales by managing an effective and scalable sales development process
- Work collaboratively with both Marketing and Field Sales to improve volume and conversion of opportunities
- 10+ years of professional experience with rapid advancement
- Previously managed teams or organizations of at least 10 people
- Have managed or worked closely with recent graduates in the last few years
- Prior experience as both Account Executive and in Sales Development, with a consistent history of over achievement
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach
Nice to Have
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience selling cloud applications (SaaS) or in Life Sciences
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].