Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Health Data Partnerships team is responsible for growing and managing Veeva's network of healthcare data providers. Veeva leverages data to power two unique businesses: Compass and Crossix. Compass is a suite of patient, prescriber, and national data products, and Crossix helps marketers maximize the impact of their media investments. You will be central to these strategic relationships, managing communication, projects, and the ultimate success of new and existing data.
Your primary responsibility will be managing and growing strategic relationships with data partners. You will utilize Veeva's industry-leading data acquisition principles and capabilities to evaluate partners that will enhance and augment Veeva's best-in-class data asset. You will be a data expert and thought leader who understands the data environment, continually assesses the needs of the business, and drives recommendations on strategy and investment.
What You'll Do
- You will be the primary point of contact for internal and external teams for all things data. Your goal is understanding, leveraging, and growing Veeva's data network by working closely with commercial, product, and technical groups. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate data partnership opportunities and present findings and recommendations to leadership
- Design, implement, and execute a data strategy to enable dataset valuation, assessment, and acquisition
- Understand product roadmaps and planned features to ensure data network support for novel data types
- Structure and negotiate all external partnerships, including all contracting and renewal negotiations
- Advocate for Veeva's positions externally and ensure commercial and technical project feasibility
- Build strong relationships and manage multiple teams, projects, and timelines
- Work Experience: 7+ years in finance, operations, development or strategy in life sciences, technology, financial service, healthcare or advisory
- Quantitative Skills: assess large datasets, create forecasts, calculate diverse business metrics (including pricing/other commercial measures), and other reporting as required (budgets, contingency plans, etc.)
- Project Management: lead cross-department projects in an organized and efficient fashion
- Business fundamentals: Entrepreneurial, problem solver, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, curious and eager to learn
- Communication: Great with people: teamwork, clear and actionable feedback, stakeholder management, and relationship-building
- Contracting: Familiar with contracting paperwork and processes and working closely with legal
- Negotiation Skills: Lead negotiations by thinking quickly, creatively, and strategically
- Executive Presence: presentation skills and comfort interfacing with senior leaders
Nice to Have
- Foundational knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem, including how data flows and the key players
- Prior experience in health tech or an equivalent data-focused environment
- Functional understanding of healthcare privacy, regulations, and commercial data applications
- Previous experience leading partner negotiations, not just data sales
- Familiarity with existing syndicated data products and data aggregators
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $100,000 - $170,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].