Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As our brand, business and employee base continue to grow, we are seeking a Senior Director of Internal Communications to work with our leadership to develop an internal communications strategy and build a team to preserve and advance our hard working, high performing culture and foster a productive, positive work environment so we can continue to deliver for our customers. This leader will have strong problem solving skills; EQ; executive presence; the ability to coach the senior most leaders of a dynamic, hypergrowth business; and a knack for developing communications that represent an executives voice while addressing the needs of an employee base. The best candidates will have extensive experience working in change management and culture building, and a keen understanding of how internal and external communications and narratives play off one another.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with senior executives across Betters business to develop a holistic internal communications approach that centers the employee, and our customers, in everything we do
- Act as a strategic thought partner who brings leaders together across functions to shape the future of Betters business and help each division achieve their independent goals and meet their specific needs in concert with all the others
- Build and manage a team that meets the needs of Betters of business across divisions, maintaining the authenticity of our culture and ouf focus on customer needs
- Showcase how our technology helps our customers have the best, most efficient homeownership experience possible
- Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure employees are in the know, inspired and empowered to meet our goals
- You enjoy the hustle and excitement that comes with seeing your stories come to life.
- You think strategically about the who, what, when, where and why employees might need to know something so that you are always advancing the ball for the companys day-to-day strategy and overarching vision
- You believe that communications drives employee engagement which in turn generates revenue, and you want to build a team with that in mind
- You are a strong leader and a team player. Youre creative. You have a point of view and are always looking for ways to contribute, even if the task is not ultimately your responsibility
- Experience building and managing internal communications teams
- Youre able to cultivate and manage relationships across the spectrum of an employee population: from the most junior associate all the way to the C suite
- Your organizational skills allow you to successfully multitask in a deadline-oriented environment
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.