Its a perfect time to be joining Wayfair as we continue to transform the home goods market around the world. We now serve over 30 million customers world-wide, earning over $15bn in revenue, and are the online market leader for everything home. Yet, we know weve barely scratched the surface of our opportunity with only 2% of an $850 billion dollar global market and we feel were better positioned today than ever to win.
In our Post-Order Technology team, we use our logistics and fulfillment capabilities to deliver category defining experiences and outcomes. We do this by using technology to differentiate our offering, helping us scale to meet constantly growing customer expectations for speed and reliability. This includes many hundred person investments across the Post-Order Customer Experience, Fulfillment capabilities, Transportation (our own in-house big and bulky network & a lattice of third party), and Digital Freight Forwarding. We are solving for the type of scale few achieve: logistics for a $100bn global business who knows technology is the only way to do it.
In this absolutely essential leadership opportunity, we are looking for an analytics leader who can build and scale a team of technical Product Analysts who enable our technology teams to experiment, to learn, and be data informed in every decision we make. At our size and scale, the ecosystem is complex and potential for insight to accelerate our build, measure, and learn loop is absolutely mission critical. Youll have influence and fingerprints on our largest strategic investment area -- the technology we use to fulfill and deliver on our customer promise across a global team and remit.
What were looking for:
This role is at the top of the leadership pyramid for a newer job family that enables the outcomes of our technology teams, who build solutions that enable our Supply Chain and Post-Order capabilities. Wayfair focuses hard on building unique digital products that enable the outcomes for our business, managing each piece of our value chain to extract the most impact from rolling our own. This translates into being a true technology company -- where our commitment to our own software gives us a competitive advantage as we move into a scale few other commerce companies can match.
As the leader for the analytics function in our space (and a member of our leadership staff), youll work with a 900+ organization of different disciplines to bring analytical and experimental maturity to the organization. Youll do this through a team of over 50 analysts, who focus on the generation of insights, the setting of goals and success targets, influencing product roadmaps, and measuring impact. The right leader can thread this needle by understanding deeply the needs of their customers and partners, the needs of our growing business, and guide their team to solve the right problems and generate meaningful outcomes. This leader will own the craft of Product Analytics in this space, the value the team creates, and their continuous improvement as we march towards $50 and $100bn in revenue.
What Youll Do:
- Establish the Product Analytics function within this domain (think: Head of Analytics): weve gotten by with the skin of our teeth and now are ready to formally add analytics to the DNA of our product and engineering teams.
- Hire, nurture, and manage a group of over 50 analysts and leaders that supports the work of over 100 squads (we call them pods) across a dense and complex landscape of both internal and external products.
- Own and develop the strategic analytics agenda across multiple lines of business to unlock insights and guide the business and technology roadmap (everything from identifying, testing and, optimizing new features to contributing to a broader strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor).
- Prioritize resources, hiring, and team topologies across multiple areas to balance the short-term needs with the needs of longer-term initiatives.
- Build the capability for us to apply new analytical methodologies and techniques to the space, instrumenting the experiences correctly, reporting on key product KPIs, drawing correlation (and mapping MECE trees) between input/output metrics and business outcomes, designing experiments (when appropriate), measuring new feature adoption and user behaviors, driving quantitative investigations (key driver analysis, feature modeling), and modeling our impact.
- Lead on developing and expanding best practices in areas such as structuring analyses, dashboard design and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business.
- Engage with, influence, and partner with senior leadership across the company to contribute to strategic agenda.
What Youll Need:
- Manager-doer: youll be building a team from scratch, which means youll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and help get the team off the ground.
- Experience at scale: Wayfair processes over 70 million orders a year from 15 million customers as a two-sided managed marketplace. What works today literally will not work tomorrow and youll need to thrive within these constraints.
- Champion: Youll be standing up a new pillar for how our teams work and establishing a new type of role that contributes to our cross-functional technology teams. Youll need to champion the techniques, the value, and the work of your team to help us transform the working models.
- Influence without Authority: The right leader will thrive at influencing without authority, coaching their team, and capable of taking deep analytical insights and tying them to effective framing to align and drive high quality decisions -- both within our product teams and across the larger business.
- Owner Mindset: Youll own experimentation and instrumentation for a larger portion of our ecosystem at all points in a features lifecycle: tagging/eventing & instrumentation, testing, and performance analysis. While we have created this capabilities in different parts of our team, youll need to own your space, team, and techniques to deliver meaningful value.
- Raw Horsepower: While youll be leading a team of experts, youll need to have both the analytical horsepower and the skills to leverage industry-best technologies to derive analytical insight (e.g., everything from SQL through Python/R to dashboarding like Tableau and Looker).
- A track record of results and experience commensurate with the size and complexity of our team.
- 10+ years of experience in heavily analytical roles, ideally with product analytics at their core.
- A mix of success in both lean entrepreneurial environments and scaled, complex, organizations you can leverage.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.