Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for the creation of a frictionless experience that empowers and delights customers particularly as it relates to the top of the funnel.
Reporting to the VP, Product Design and Research, you will shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar. You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space. Stash is a fast-paced growth companyjoin us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What Youll Do
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design through every touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning senior Product leaders on customer-centered solutions.
- Responsible for all phases of product design work: distilling research, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation.
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional partners, and manage multiple complex schedules and stakeholders.
- Create positive behavior design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and Brand Creative to deliver a unified mission and message for our customers.
- Develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms, and approaches to how we do our best work.
- Have the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and stand for quality when products are not ready to ship.
Who You Are
- Human-centered UX design leader that drives strategic product innovation and relentlessly raises the design bar.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- An emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the boundaries of whats possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust and aligns stakeholders.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
- Thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, that will make an imprint on our movement to empower everyday Americans to drive their financial future
What You Bring to the Table
- 12+ years of experience in creating strategy and designing digital products; most recently focused on Activation, Growth & Onboarding work.
- 8+ years of leading teams and managing people.
- Experience working with designers, product management, and engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
*No recruiters please