The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
As a Product Director, you and your team will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the products development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing priorities.
What youll do:
- Drive the product strategy and requirements for Motionals next generation vehicle platforms.
- Work directly with Motionals design, user research and prototyping teams to drive concept development and user testing of features before requirements are defined
- Work directly with Motionals customers to understand their vehicle needs
- Collaborate closely with vehicle OEMs and component suppliers to ensure the vision and requirements for Motional are developed to our goals
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch
What youll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in sciences, or engineering
- 10+ years working in a product role
- 5+ years experience managing a team directly
- Experience developing and managing products with complex software & hardware integration, preferably on a robotics or autonomous technology based product that has direct interaction with users
- Experience with strategic product analysis / product-market strategy
- Experience working with user experience / industrial designers and user researchers
- Experience working with suppliers and/or OEMs
- Experience working with B2B customers
- Experience working with engineering teams including mechanical, electrical, software and systems teams
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Comfortable with working with remote teams, and international travel
Bonus points (but not required):
- Background in autonomous technologies, mobility or robotics
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.