Aura helps customers monitor, manage, and protect against the risks associated with their identities and personal information in a digital world. With adaptive technology, a seasoned team, and a first-of-its-kind product suite, Aura enables customers to manage disparate cybersecurity needs with ease. Backed by premier investors, WndrCo and General Catalyst, Aura's category-defining business is a holistic personal digital security platform that unites best-in-class privacy, identity, and security products.
Trusted by more than 2 million customers, Aura has a team of more than 450 people worldwide and revenues over $200 million. Most importantly, this trajectory continues to show momentum and is supported by strong organic growth in addition to strategic customer acquisition. Aura’s leadership team has seen similar success before, having grown a start-up to a valuation of over $3 billion prior to exit. With a clear vision, strong alignment, and strategic M&A execution, Aura has assembled a stellar team and built a unique culture with incredible employees. Join us for the ride!
Aura is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver cloud based applications and game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. This leader must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage software development teams; measure and improve team engagement and productivity
- Coach and develop individual contributors and managers; foster a high-performing engineering culture
- Own the quality, scalability, security, and performance of applications, systems, and integrations
- Instill a mindset of curiosity and continuous improvement, with a goal to drive faster speed to market at a lower cost
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to enable business value creation, as well as the stability and scalability of our solutions.
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks
- Partner with architects, product owners, and software engineers to drive the implementation of new applications
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across mobile and web full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Create proof of concepts and see through projects through production
- BS or MS with CS with at least 10 years software engineering experience, of which 5+ years must have been in leadership roles of increasing responsibility
- Must possess proven experience leading the delivery of production Cloud based SaaS services from concept to roll out, with subsequent production experience
- Past experience leading web front-end projects or full stack web development teams will be a strong plus
- Must have led offshore teams and worked with cross functional teams in different time zones
- Technologist: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions.
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Partnership Attitude: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions.
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working.
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization.
- Bold: History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals.
- Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Talent acquisition: Ability to attract and recruit the best talent
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.