Director, Software Reliability and Support
6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future.
Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
We are looking for a Director of Software Reliability and Support to scale our rock-solid team through the next hyper-growth phase of 6 River Systems. You will lead the strategy and day-to-day operations of a team focused on making our customers win. That will include advocating on behalf of our customers, resolving technical issues and challenges (many times before anyone notices), and maintaining high-quality, white-glove service. You will start from the customer experience and work backward to shape organizations, tools, and processes to promote proactive, reliable, timely, transparent, and seamless service.
Why join now?
- You get to scale the team supporting robots in the booming e-commerce industry
- Shopify, who recently acquired us for $450M, wants to make our technology available to their 1.7M+ merchants
- We are digital by default: 100% remote (live anywhere)
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company (we have a lot of fun)
In this role, you will:
- Deliver world-class 24x7 technical support to site operations
- Create a vision and execute strategy for end-to-end customer experience
- Hire, develop, and manage an inclusive, engaged, global, and high-performing team
- Lead from the front escalations and technical issues affecting our customers
- Scale our support tools such as ticketing systems, knowledge base, and self-service
- Maintain a continuous improvement culture achieved by RCAs and lessons learned
- Partner with product, engineering, go to market, integration, hardware reliability, and deployment to prioritize customer pain and promote customer experience
- Analyze data and performance insights to drive decision making across the company
- Evaluate SaaS support methodologies and envision new value-add services
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in global technical support or engineering
- 3+ years of experience at the senior manager or director level
- Experience scaling support teams in a mission-critical, highly-technical, hyper-growth environment
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action
- Experience with strategic planning and optimization of support teams, workforce operations, budgets, growth forecasting, team planning, and business reviews
- Ability to work effectively in a remote, fast-paced, globally distributed environment
- A strong sense of urgency around your work and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence
- Experience implementing new support mechanisms, including knowledge base, ticketing, alerting, lessons learned, performance metrics, and feedback loops
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.