The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this role will be responsible for the company's income, franchise, business, property, sales and use, and international taxes. The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who manages voluminous tax matters.
- Oversees global tax activities, including external reporting, US GAAP compliance, internal controls, and preparation and filing of US tax returns (co-sourced with outside advisors).
- Helps develop and implement tax strategies that meet the tax and business needs.
- Monitors US and non-US tax developments to ensure compliance and operating efficiency related to rule changes, and other global tax initiatives.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with external tax advisors
- Build robust and scalable tax reporting processes from the ground up to ensure tax compliance with all relevant jurisdictions where the company operates.
- Own the monthly/quarterly/annual tax provision and related tax journal entries in accordance with preparation of our US GAAP financial statements.
- Oversee, coordinate with, and manage the Company's 3rd party tax providers ensuring that all tax related issues are identified, communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate the tax review and audit process with external auditors and provide necessary tax disclosures
- Independently research tax related topics, including international, federal, state, and indirect tax developments and laws that impact the company
- Lead all processes related to transactional and all indirect taxes, including sales and use tax, business personal property tax, withholding tax, unclaimed property and other business taxes to ensure reporting compliance
- Handle audits related to all indirect tax, withholding tax, and information reporting filings
- Manage, investigate and resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- 10 to 12 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision Process
- Experience with local tax jurisdiction matters for the US and foreign countries
- Experience with global transfer pricing rules and regulations
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- CPA required
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Experience working with NetSuite, a plus
- Experience with implementing and administering a tax software, a plus
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request