About the Team:
The Eze Eclipse™ solution is a born-in-the-cloud investment solution that supports start-up, emerging equity-, and event-focused hedge funds’ full investment process in a single, unified platform through a secure web browser interface. The Eclipse™ Engineering teams build and support large, fast-growing, and innovative applications in the Financial Technology space. The Eclipse™ team is focused on delivery of a cloud-based SaaS product that delights our customers and we are looking for someone who can lead us in building a technical support organization, as part of Engineering, to partner with our Client Services team. We are growing rapidly and are looking for someone with the right blend of experience delivering cloud SaaS technologies to help make us better and provide world class support to our various stakeholders.
As the Director of Technical Operations you will work with leadership, product quality, SRE, DevOps and engineering teams to own and drive a consistent experience, and highly available SaaS platform to internal and external stakeholders. You will leverage your experience as a leader to build and grow the team, develop folks through partnership with other functional leads, and provide valuable insights to the product team to ensure continuous improvement in the product. You will initially start by building knowledge of the system and internal processes through troubleshooting, reproducing customer reported issues, working the defect ticketing system, and provide reporting for call volume, time-to-close, and incident rate. Working with Product and Engineering leadership you will drive resolution, tactical response, and long-term plans to ensure our platform availability and responsiveness to customers is world class.
Day to Day:
- Manage the operations of the SaaS platform running in AWS; leveraging bleeding edge technologies, container hosted microservices, and real-time data processing.
- Manage the TechOps team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines.
- Set team goals in alignment with Global TechOps delivery objectives. Assist direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
- Ensure that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver a highly available and resilient SaaS platform.
- Lead tactical response to system errors, outages, and failures within the platform.
- Conduct post-mortem RCA reviews and implement changes as a result of findings.
- Effectively represent the TechOps team on cross-organizational teams to deliver on organizational objectives.
- Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage, including on-call support leveraging a global organization.
- Deliver regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of platform performance including uptime, SLA attainment, and error rates.
- Manage, define, and own key processes related to the operations of the SaaS platform.
- Develop and maintain operational procedures and policies consistent with compliance and security practices.
- Participate in architectural governance in partnership with other architects and directors within Engineering to ensure we will make necessary investments to ensure a highly available and resilient SaaS platform.
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for TechOps employees; Build credibility and trust within the team.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering secure, publicly facing, highly available SaaS based platform(s) in a lead role
- 5+ years leading Technical Operations for SaaS platform(s) with a public cloud provider AWS preferred IaaS/PaaS
- 5+ years communicating with the executive level to drive awareness for business enabling technology decisions and operational impact
- 10+ years of engineering and/or operational roles with consistent career progress as an individual contributor and leader
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.