Chewy is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and meticulous Content Editor and Writer to join our in-house BeChewy content site and work with passionate pet lovers in one of our offices in Dania Beach, FL or Boston, MA. Your exciting new role is to develop, assign, write and edit content for our blog, specifically for our lifestyle and health and wellness verticals, to amplify BeChewy content and brand, and grow our millennial pet parent audience. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, idea-generating writer and editor who is passionate about millennial lifestyle service content and skilled at pitching around SEO beats, line-editing features and explainers, and brainstorming new angles to grow the lifestyle sections. You can look at an editorial calendar and see better ideas for content based on your knowledge and experience. We say October is Cat Month and you come back with a dozen SEO-inspired super-cool ideas for content.
Our blog and brand, BeChewy, is all about the adventure of being a pet parent. We reach about 2M unique users each month delivering ideas, advice and inspiration on topics ranging from how to care for and raise happy, healthy pets to how to integrate pets into every corner of our lives from home to travel to goods and gear. Our mission is to celebrate the role of pets in our lives, make life easier for busy pet parents by connecting them with products and services, and because pets bring us together, create a unique universe where fellow pet parents who get it can find their tribe.
What You'll Do:
- Help plan long-term content strategies and develop content for a wide range of topics that pertain to all things pets and pet parenting
- Assign, edit, and produce excellent, creative, and useful content for digital, video, and social platforms to grow the lifestyle sections and evolve the BeChewy voice
- Pitch articles and content continuously, but also ideate, champion and bring to life new columns, projects and features
- Manage and mentor freelance writers, helping them improve the quality of their work while also overseeing delivery of timely, accurate content
- Take a practical and creative approach to SEO. You are a savant at targeting keywords but also write beautifully
- Partner with other teams across our organization (product managers, SEO, social, brand marketing, communications, design, email, and other teams) to make on-strategy, data-driven content
- Move content through the production process with ease and accuracy, incorporating changes, working with art and production teams, preparing sourcing for fact checking, and more
What You'll Need:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of editing experience, and experience managing and mentoring writers on a digital platform, preferably womens lifestyle or eCommerce
- You have a passion for service journalism; youre enthusiastic about helping readers make informed choices and getting them the information they need
- You can easily balance large and small projects and deadlines running concurrently, and have experience working in a highly matrixed organization and with large cross-functional teams
- You have ability to operate in a dynamic organization, flawlessly multi-tasking and thriving under pressure and deadlines
- Youre organized and detail-oriented
- You love pets (furry, scaly, feathery!)
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com