EF Tours Sales Representative
Location: Cambridge, MA (Opportunity to work from home 2-days a week after onboarding)
Start Date: January/February 2022, Late March 2022
Open your mind, pack your bags, and join us in sales at EF as we revolutionize the educational travel industry and transform students into the next generation of global citizens. When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in evangelizing our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. We give every salesperson here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and cultivate our business. We onboard you and train you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
In your sales role at EF, you partner with middle and high school teachers in taking their students outside of the classroom and on an international or North American educational tour. Whether your goal is to go from beginner to expert, or explore the world of sales for the first time, this role is a fantastic opportunity to flex your sales muscles, acquire new skills and techniques, and create a foundation for a long-lasting sales career at EF.
We'll be counting on you to tackle a number of the following responsibilities:
- Work with middle and high school teachers and administrators to build educational travel programs for their students
- Initiate conversations with teachers to generate new business within a given territory through high volume phone calls and strategic outreach
- Qualify and manage a pipeline of self-generated leads
- Coach your customers through every step of the tour planning process, from inspiring them to lead a tour to helping them recruit student travelers, prepare to depart, travel, and return home ready to do it all over again
- Expand market share in the business and defend our turf, while raising the bar on the quality of the customer experience
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes students lives
Who You Are:
Our EF Tours Sales Representatives come to us from a wide range of backgrounds. Sales experience is not required- it's all about finding the BEST people! We are looking for individuals who are:
- Eager to start or expand your sales career in a role where you take ownership over your work
- Self-motivated and committed to doing what it takes to be successful in sales
- Lifelong learners who are dedicated to our inimitable sales process
- Up for a challenge - they want to start, or expand, their career in a role with real responsibility and accountability
- Influencers - natural networkers who love talking to people
- Nailing the details while never losing sight of the big picture
Why Youll Love Working Here:
As if changing teachers and students lives and making the world a better place isnt enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Up to 45% growth in base pay in your first two years
- Paid travel to our domestic or international destinations or offices at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.