Droplette is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
We're looking for an electrical engineering co-op to join our engineering team to help us with product development, QA/QC process development and testing. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree or have significant coursework in electrical engineering or computer science and have a strong interest in collaborating with our hardware engineering team to ensure the launch of a robust product.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity where you'll get to work at a fast-paced and highly innovative venture-backed startup to make a big impact across multiple sectors. This role is located in Boston, Massachusetts. We are looking for co-ops that will work 32+ hours a week for 6 months.
**This 6 month position will be onsite work Boston, MA. Please consider if you can work onsite in MA before applying.
In this role, you will work on a wide range of projects including:
- Contribute to updating/testing PCBs and firmware to ensure robust performance
- Assist with development of a streamlined QA/QC process; build/assemble test fixtures
- Assist in characterization, inspection, assembly and testing of devices
- Create and update all forms of manufacturing documentation
- Identify and troubleshoot failure modes related to app/firmware integration
What We Seek:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant programs with overlapping coursework
- Experience with design, prototyping and testing of circuits and PCBs
- Experience with product assembly, inspection and testing
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with development of mobile applications and firmware (nice to have)
- Proficiency in Altium and/or SOLIDWORKS (nice to have)
- Prior experience with development of consumer or medical devices (nice to have)
More about Droplette
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of Talent. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.