CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We are breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineering Manager such as yourself to be a part of a dynamic and innovative R&D department in the Bay Area. You would be a part of a core team of Managers and Automation developers working on automation technology in the apparel manufacturing space. You will come with a passion for Leadership, Engineering, and a dedication to getting the job done. Your scope of work will include both Managing and technically leading other embedded FW engineers on your team, but also developing embedded code that controls various robotic functions and processes. You will work directly with your Management peers and other R&D Engineers to help drive success in our product demos and launches.
- Manage firmware development for advanced motion control and robotic sensing.
- Help lead a vision of the future with the company and your team.
- Contribute and manage all technical aspects of embedded firmware including architecture and tool selection.
- Be innovative and help drive innovation with your team.
- Support the Lifecycle development process through collaboration with peers and technical excellence with the team.
- Participate and lead design reviews.
- Be the link to the Software and the Electronics team to drive decisions and implementation strategies.
- Be a leader in the overall R&D community of the company.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other major degree in Firmware development
- Minimum 10 years experience in Embedded design
- 5+ years experience in Management, preferably in embedded FW and SW development
- Embedded programming skills in C, C++, and/or assembly
- Experience with embedded operating systems
- Inspired to work in the field of robotics and automation
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources and schedules
- Working knowledge of the Agile process and a proven track record of meeting team deliverables
- Understanding of electrical components, motor systems, and microcontrollers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the ST Micro family of controllers
- Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking
- Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others
- Understanding how to relate design elements to system level specifications and performance
- Demonstrated history of driving projects to completion in schedule driven environments
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.