Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home.
As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
Who We Are
Storefront Engineering is in the unique position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on their desktop from the comfort of home. As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on an exciting journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decisions for themselves and their product.
As a member of the Cart & Checkout Experiences squad, your mission will be to enable our customers to bring their selections home, through fast and frictionless experiences that dont overwhelm. Your team is responsible for the post-add-to-cart, cart, checkout, and receipt web experiences for desktop and mobile web for all stores (Wayfair, Perigold, Joss & Main, and All Modern) and locations around the world. These pages are the most crucial part of the customer experience on Wayfair, and we work closely with multiple stakeholders to provide a secure and seamless experience to all our customers. Youll work with a fantastic group of product managers, engineers, designers, data analysts, and QA analysts, with a common dedication to providing a great customer experience.
What Youll Do
- As a Software Engineer II, you will be working in a highly collaborative environment interacting closely with other Software Engineers & Product Managers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will Co-lead different initiatives, provide high quality code reviews and scalable architectural designs on CNC Experiences team
- You will Contribute to the teams technical decisions through discussions & writing technical documents and proposals
- Youll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes
- Your expertise will help guide longer term replatforming efforts (moving to federated GraphQL)
- You will help lead the team to define and mploy industry best practices with regard to service oriented architecture, API development, code considerations, and server side performance
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer with experience in designing and building large platforms that communicate internally and externally via REST services or GraphQL
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers, leading code review and design reviews.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.