Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for multiple Engineering Managers to lead and recruit a team of highly skilled engineers. You are comfortable working in a rapid, agile environment and thrive when challenged with solving complex problems. In this role, your focus will be creating amazing software solutions for our customers and make a positive impact on peoples daily lives.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- The opportunity to lead the development and own key product features with our team in Toronto
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining and refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in an agile, small team environment within a highly successful Cloud company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Tenacity, technical brilliance, and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves, work hard and have fun in a fast-moving environment
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- BS/BEng in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.