Engineering Manager, Data Integration Platform
The Data Integration Platform team at Wayfair is responsible for enabling teams by solving for their data needs to drive Wayfairs next $50B+ growth. Our team is looking for a smart, passionate, and curious Engineering Manager to help us scale our platform that provides data movement and processing capabilities to teams and individuals. With the broad set of technologies we are using, the scale at which our systems operate, and a diverse set of stakeholders we serve, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and be exposed to new people and ideas, while playing a major role in Wayfairs growth. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large deployments of high-volume systems, skilled in designing scalable automation, and are passionate about project delivery and stakeholder management, we should talk.
What Youll Do
- Own one of our core platform teams and architect solutions at scale to empower a global user base of tens of thousands of data consumers and thousands of data scientists, engineers, and analysts.
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to develop cross functional technology and improve collaboration, decision-making, and influence decisions.
- Own the development and operation of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time/reliability and exposure/adherence to Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Build an engaged team and manage the careers of a group of high performing engineers .
- Constantly re-evaluate open-source, marketing, and internal solutions to keep current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to shared toolings and standards to improve the productivity and quality of the broader data platforms org.
What You Have
- 7+ years of experience managing a team(s) of highly motivated engineers and delivery of platforms.
- Experience leading teams working with and managing systems and data at scale.
- Strong technical acumen to apply first-principles thinking to proposed solutions.
- Experience in driving cross-functional alignment and effective stakeholder management.
- Hands-on expertise in Data Engineering and capable of unpackaging complex distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience navigating a large organization and generating buy-in for plans.
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers through their career growth
- Built and delivered platforms in cloud (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.