Engineering Manager, Data Platforms Engineering
The Data Platforms Engineering team at Wayfair is responsible for the core technologies that underlie a cutting-edge ecommerce business and exceptional customer experience, from order processing and logistics optimization to machine learning and AI. Our team is looking for smart, passionate, and curious people who are excited to help us scale our distributed storage, data processing, and analytics platforms. With the broad set of technologies we are using and the scale at which our systems operate, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and be exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large deployments of high-volume systems, skilled in designing scalable automation for maintaining them, and are passionate about troubleshooting challenging technical problems involving distributed systems, we should talk.
What Youll Do
- Own one of our core platform teams and architect solutions at scale to empower a global user base of tens of thousands of data consumers and thousands of data scientists, engineers, and analysts.
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to develop cross functional technology and improve collaboration, decision-making, and influence decisions.
- Own the development and operation of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time/reliability and exposure/adherence to Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Build an engaged team and manage the careers of a group of high performing engineers .
- Constantly re-evaluate open-source, marketing, and internal solutions to keep current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to shared toolings and standards to improve the productivity and quality of the broader data infrastructure org.
What You Have
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in DevOps or Data Engineering in a senior or technical lead role
- Prior experience leading/managing engineers in an Agile environment
- Experience leading teams working with and managing systems and data at scale
- Experience designing and deploying applications in Python, Java, or .net with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Experience with deploying and managing containerized applications, such as on Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with using cloud database, storage, and services as part of an application (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.