The Equity Administration Manager is responsible for end-to-end management of athenahealths long term incentive (LTI) program. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, loves data and thrives on it being organized and accurate, isnt afraid of getting into the details yet can think strategically, values partnerships across the business with Legal, HR, Finance and Payroll, and views their fellow athenistas as their No. 1 customer! The ideal candidate is an experienced, talented and hands-on equity plan manager, with a personable communication style and a passion for educating athenistas on our LTI program. This position will report directly into the Vice President of Total Rewards.
- Manage day-to-day administration of athenas equity plans including all LTI record keeping, reporting and reconciliation
- Lead employee communication efforts to ensure LTI program is well understood through development of educational materials, prompt and helpful responses to employee questions, and ongoing employee outreach
- Responsible for maintaining equity award database and grant package documentation in E*Trade
- Serve as primary liaison with E*Trade and other vendors for outsourced administration and LTI activities
- Oversee all equity plan transactions (grants, terminations, etc.), ensuring correct and timely processing
- Incorporate best practices to develop and improve upon scalable processes, ensuring technology tools are fully leveraged to automate manual activities
- Partner with Legal, Finance, and Internal Audit to ensure compliance of LTI documents and processes
- Oversee taxpayer status certifications and preparation of year-end equity-related tax statements
- Generate accurate recurring and ad hoc LTI reports for Payroll, Finance, Legal and HR
- Serve as key participant in quarterly and annual audit processes
- Manage equity team email inbox
- Assist with special projects as needed
- 5+ years in equity plan administration
- Experienced using E*Trade
- CEP designation a plus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with ability to report on data quickly, effectively, and accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage numerous detail-intensive, interdependent, and time-sensitive tasks while ensuring accurate completion of same
- Proactively identifies issues and takes initiative to develop and recommend solutions
- Customer service standout with ability to collaborate across various groups
- Working understanding of financial reporting for equity compensation
- Comfortable ability navigating the unknown
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: The location of this role is flexible for the right candidate. Please be prepared to discuss location preferences during the screening process.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.