Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As the Event Planner for Strategic Meetings and Congresses, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of planning strategic home office meetings and congresses including Advisory Boards, Consultants, Investigator and Training Meetings, and Congresses activities.
What You'll Do
- Own customer relationships aligned to the event
- Daily execution of events reporting (registration, budget, travel, etc.)
- Program escalation research/management - Ensure operational effectiveness for all projects
- Monitor daily workload, quality, and adherence to SLAs
- Assist manager with 3rd party technologies and vendor relations
- Onboard, standup, execute and reconcile events independently with limited management oversite
- Be the superuser of 3rd party technologies and vendors relations
- Assist and maintain department documentation, SOPs, operational workflows for all customers
- Recommended completion of Certified HMCC, Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate Program
- 1+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical/biotech or third-party agency to support HCP related events
- Assist in recruitment efforts for the team as needed (i.e. screening & interviews), as well as training
- Strong customer service, conflict resolution, organizational, and planning skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience sourcing large and small meeting venues, event budget management, travel coordination, lodging (room blocks), and transportation
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead customer status meetings, quarterly business reviews, and pre/post-conference meetings
- Confident in communicating both internally and externally with C-Suite and HCPs within the strategic meeting and congress environment
- Experience with event-related technologies, including Cvent, and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Self-starter with good judgment and integrity, highly motivated and dependable
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].