Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to provide executive administrative support to our CMO and VP People. In this role, you will be handling a wide range of complex and highly confidential duties. This role requires excellent calendaring and prioritization skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple critical requests at the same time. While administrative support duties will be part of your role, you will also be the main point of delegation for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to - preparing presentations, crafting highly sensitive communication for internal and/or external audiences, compiling reports and/or actively managing the Executives time.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Your Team: CMO, VP of People
- Perform extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings
- Prepare domestic & international travel arrangements, itineraries, and timely filing of expenses
- Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate, and timely responses with utmost care for confidential information
- Work independently and within a team on non-recurring and ongoing projects, which may include planning and coordinating presentations and disseminating information
- Plan and execute team and company events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions
- Attend key meetings in order to track and help drive completion of key deliverables, and follow up on outstanding items
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Executive level support, at a startup, or tech company
- 2+ years supporting multiple executives
- An elite team member, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead with a positive, can-do attitude
- Polished and professional communication skills, both spoken and written. Must be able to represent Benchling and communicate with a variety of people, including entrepreneurs, existing and prospective investors and service providers.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with a wide variety of people
- Highly proficient computer skills in Google suite, Excel, Slack, Quip, and similar workflows
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills as well as the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while working under little supervision
- Available to reschedule/coordinate meetings/travel while out of the office as needed
- Interest or background in Pre-IPO tech and/or life sciences is a plus!
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.