Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about sharing and amplifying our message.
We are looking for an ambitious external communications associate to help facilitate, manage, and advance external communications at DigitalOcean. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the external communications associate will support various external communications initiatives. As a member of the communications team, you will contribute to ensuring the right messages reach the right audiences at the right times.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Support facilitation of external communications, including media relations and coordination of media interviews, tracking and reporting of results, drafting materials as needed, and coordination of approvals of contributed content (bylines, media Q&As) awards and speaking with DO subject matter experts, legal and any other internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to external strategic communication planning for the company.
- Create new and improve existing communications channels for driving messaging to reach external audiences.
- Work with stakeholders to brainstorm and contribute new engaging communication campaigns or opportunities that support various external initiatives.
- Support the measurement and evaluation of external communication efforts.
- Documenting and updating systems and processes to supplement and strengthen our external communications playbook.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- 1-2 years experience in an external communications role.
- Detail-oriented, process-driven and extremely organized with strong documentation skills.
- Creative mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement to work on high-visibility projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A love for tracking data and defining new metrics.
- A passion for technology, development, and the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!