Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We are looking for a trusted finance business partner to join Panoramas Strategic Finance team. This position reports to the Panoramas Head of Strategic Finance and will have close partnership with the Strategic Finance team, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Sales, Vice President of Account Management, Head of Marketing, and Revenue Team People Partner. (These functional teams make up Panoramas Revenue Team).
As a Finance Business Partner to the Revenue Team, you will be responsible for shaping strategic decisions related to driving revenue growth, customer acquisition, and retention. You should be highly comfortable synthesizing data into insights and communicating them to cross-functional stakeholders. Your role is to partner with leaders and pull together strategic analyses to inform decision-making. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact strategic advisor in a fast-paced, collaborative, data-driven, and high-growth environment. In this role, you are directly contributing to the companys success by identifying, structuring, analyzing, and recommending solutions to our biggest strategic questions. Your work will be supporting millions of students across the United States and world.
- Knowing the Sales, Account Management, and Marketing functions inside and out and providing thought partnership and analyses for function leaders
- Being the go-to person for the VP of Account Management, Head of Marketing, and VP of Sale to partner with on key decisions
- Partnering with Marketing leadership to develop return-on-investment analyses to interpret marketing performance across channels and set future investment strategy
- Driving analysis to improve sales funnel conversion and cross-selling
- Working with Revenue Team leaders and Strategic Finance to develop repeatable, achievable annual and quarterly goals and updating forecasts when necessary
- Serving as a member of Panoramas Pricing & Packaging Committee
- Partnering with Revenue Team leaders and Strategic Finance team to create an annual budget
- Improving current ways of working, driving increased growth and efficiencies wherever possible
- Building out and constantly improving monthly reporting packages for function leaders detailing spend vs budget, headcount vs budget, and key performance indicators
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Strong experience with collaboration, relationship building, advising, negotiation, and conflict resolutions skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize vast amounts of qualitative and quantitative information into actionable insights -- you weave stories from data
- Financial aptitude and proficiency in building and updating Excel models that team members outside of finance can pick up and easily understand
- Excellent business intuition
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences in a way that shares insights and empowers stakeholders
- Ability to work in ambiguity and develop and improve processes as you go -- we work in a fast-growing environment and our Strategic Finance team often doesnt have a pre-written playbook. We want you to be excited about building new analyses and processes or radically improving ones that weve outgrown
- Capability to work at multiple levels, including high-level strategy and day-to-day financial details -- on our Strategic Finance team, we believe that the high-level and the details are connected
- Experience learning and teaching new technologies to drive process improvements and visibility into business performance (e.g., Financial Planning & Analysis software, visualization software)
- 5+ years of experience doing financial and strategic analyses
- Experience in growth stage startups, education technology, and/or K-12 education
- Experience working with Salesforce and financial planning & analysis software
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Slides
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.