The demand forecasting team at Wayfair spans across data science, engineering, product management, and analytics functions. Its mission is to produce data artifacts, decision frameworks and analytical tools that drive efficient trade-offs between product availability, delivery speed and operating cost across Wayfair globally, using best-in-class machine learning, economics and statistics based approaches. We are looking for an innovative and analytically-savvy leader who will own the development of Specialty & Physical Retail demand forecasts. As an extension of Wayfairs mission to transform how people shop for their homes, Specialty & Physical Retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers experience our brands, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
- Driving Results: Define and execute the full path to creating item level demand forecasts for Wayfairs Specialty & Physical Retail businesses. This includes scoping business needs, determining the appropriate strategy to achieve business objectives, translating the chosen strategy into technical requirements, determining the appropriate method / approach to deliver high ROI solutions, defining the execution roadmap for at least the next ~6 months by effectively balancing effort vs impact, proactively identifying risks and designing appropriate mitigation plans, executing on the planned roadmap, and pivoting with agility when the current path is not producing desired results or when new information is available that says that the current path is no longer high ROI.
- Winning Together: Leverage strong communication to infuse a narrative into a proposal, get stakeholder buy-in, and source stakeholder feedback to make adjustments where needed. Anticipate downstream impact of owned workstream on immediate team and cross-functional team, surface potential implications, drive trade-off discussions and make adjustments where needed. Model and encourage trusting relationships upward and laterally by assuming good intent while prioritizing impact, being transparent, welcoming new learnings, and embracing differences of opinion. When the impact of actions do not match intent, seek to understand others perceptions/experiences and adjust behavior to avoid recurrence. Initiate and engage in difficult conversations constructively, with empathy and objectivity using a solutions-oriented mindset. Keep cross-functional leaders and senior partners informed about progress through regular updates.
- Always Improving: Own the full workstream end-to-end. Able to reflect on the chosen approach to identify new learnings for future. Creatively question team's work and proactively suggest new processes and ideas to push the collective thinking of the cross-functional team to deliver high business impact. Actively question own decisions and approaches. Actively seek alternative approaches and points of view. Independently monitor effectiveness of ideas and iterate/pivot where needed. Identify opportunities to scale impact or resolve gaps in existing tech capabilities and drive action where needed. Hold a high data and code quality bar for self and cross-functional partners. Independently identify development & opportunity areas for self, create career development plan, and actively drive career development with manager.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Science etc.)
- 5+ years of post bachelors work experience in a quantitative field (e.g. Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management etc.)
- Proficient in Python/R, SQL/Eden, Google Cloud Platform
- [Preferred but not required] Masters degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Data Science, Supply Chain, Business Analytics etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.