The B2C Sales Business Planning team is seeking a leader to oversee our contact forecasting and operational and financial performance analysis for the Global Sales Organization. This individual would partner closely with data science, analytics and workforce management to optimize current models and understand the impact of broader Wayfair activities on our forecast. In addition, this role will be responsible for understanding the drivers of our financial and operational KPIs and driving detailed analysis on issues and opportunities. The expectation for this role is that you will be a thought partner for the organization, driving insights and impactful change to help grow the business.
- Create and manage the development of volume forecasts for our contact centers and other relevant aspects including analyses, project management and presentation of volume forecast
- Align with central planning teams (e.g., FP&A, promo) on macro outlooks and be able to translate volume drivers into impacts in forecast. In addition, understand drivers behind variance and incorporates these insights into planning
- Work closely with Data Science and Analytics to maintain and build best-in-class forecasting models aiming to drive incremental accuracy in volume forecasting
- Partner with Workforce Management to create efficient capacity planning based on forecast to drive operational excellence
- Incorporate broader strategic initiatives of the sales channels and Wayfair to adjust forecasts accordingly, including creation of new forecasting models as we expand into new teams or channels
- Own monthly analysis of our Financial and Operational KPIs, outlining impacts of the performance of these metrics and managing detailed analysis as needed. Present detailed one time and recurring analysis during monthly performance updates with global sales leadership.
- Develop close working relationships with our sales channels and understand their needs and plans to inform areas where we should be performing analysis or providing insight to help drive business decisions.
- Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance
- MBA or Post-graduate work in related field preferred
- 5+ years workforce management/ forecasting experience, preferably related to contact center environments.
- Extensive knowledge of various forecasting methodologies (e.g., ARIMA) and application in real world business environment
- Advanced Excel modeling skills. Proficient in one or more of SQL, Python, R a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cross functionally
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.