SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, You shouldnt have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
To support this mission, SimpliSafe is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting FP&A Manager for our Subscription business segment to help us professionalize our FP&A processes and tools. This person will look to leverage best practices of world-class FP&A functions, tailoring these to meet SimpliSafes needs as a fast-growing, agile company. The ideal candidate will have experience in building for scale and an ability to roll up their sleeves. No job can be too big or too small for the team driving strategic insight when youre changing the industry!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to our growth and help provide direction to our organization. You will join a small but growing FP&A team and will interact directly with cross functional groups and executive leadership. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a business-critical function in a hyper growth, private equity backed company.
- Work with company leadership to define, measure, and optimize financial success for our Subscription business as we continue to deliver on our mission of every home secure
- Form trusted advisory partnerships with your business partners in CX and contact center
- Play a critical role in managing performance of your business partners, e.g., budget governance, monthly operating reviews, supply and demand forecasting, performance to topline growth and bottom-line profitability targets
- Develop analytical models, and ultimately recommendations, to aid in executive decision making
- Conduct proactive analyses of internal & external data to identify opportunities and risks, helping business leaders exceed financial commitments
- With your in-depth knowledge of the Subscription business segment, proactively look for ways to identify and deliver incremental value creation, e.g., cost savings, revenue growth, and share capture
- Support FP&A team development, helping to chart the path for growth as we build a world-class FP&A organization
- Develop, implement, and manage tools and processes to enhance visibility, improve financial controls and efficacy, and aid in decision making
- Assist in preparation of performance reporting packages to be presented to key stakeholders including senior management, the Board of Directors, and our top-tier private equity sponsors
- Ad hoc analyses as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 years of experience with increasing responsibility in a subscription and / or contact center focused Financial Planning & Analysis role
- Prior experience with consumer SaaS, ecommerce, work force management, business process outsourcing (BPO) and/or contact center analytics will be valued
- Proven success in stakeholder management, for instance, the ability to influence without authority, the ability to serve as a trusted advisor, and proven success in gaining a seat at the table
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and capacity to direct, produce, and communicate financial analyses at an executive level
- Strong financial modeling skills required
- Experience with budget / forecast development, establishing KPIs to define success, and profitability & unit economics analyses is ideal
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, financial modeling, and data analytics
- Prior experience with budgeting tools (Adaptive) and/or accounting software (NetSuite) a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statement modeling
- Self-starter who can take on significant responsibility and drive process change independently
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic; leads by example and interested in mentoring team members both within FP&A and cross functionally
- Intellectual curiosity with rigorous attention to detail and a passion for problem solving
- Bachelors degree; MBA desirable